Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Why is Ian running for Felicity?


As one of Felicity’s grandparents I was very supportive of encouraging those girls – including my daughter Carley - who were prepared to train and then run to help raise funds to support Felicity’s Son Rise program. I know first hand the wonderful progress Felicity is making and also the huge sacrifices her parents have to make to avail their daughter of this program.

As I considered all the effort made by the girls running big distances, Felicity’s parents who are on a challenging life path and even more by Felicity herself who faces a very long journey I was challenged to get up and “DO” as well.

In light of their efforts, a 14 km City2Surf run is a very small contribution but it is one that I’m going to have a go at.



So at the moment I’m establishing a training regime – lots of walking, shorts bursts of running and generally building up my stamina to be able to complete the run. I have about 9 weeks to go but I’m spurred on by the smile and hugs of a very precious little 9 year old.
- Ian




To Support Ian and all our runners by donating just click the below button - Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment