Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why is Carley running for Felicity?


"When watching the news in August 2009 & seeing the participants in the City 2 Surf, I never imagined that it would be me taking part in 2010. In fact, I would have laughed at the suggestion.
I’m an almost-30 wife & mum of 3. I run a small home-based business. I help look after 2 crazy dogs. I go to church. I love hanging out with family & friends. I read a lot. I Tweet. I avoid housework as much as possible.
But… I don’t run. Never have. To sign on for this is a HUGE deal!
So, why? All in support of my 9-year-old niece Felicity. She suffers from a severe form of autism & her treatment is expensive. So I’m doing my part in helping to raise funds.
As inspiration, I’ve got the face of a beautiful girl and some lyrics borrowed from Michael Bolton. - Carley

…And I won't look back,
I can go the distance,
And I'll stay on track.
No I won't accept defeat,
It's an uphill slope,
But I won't lose hope,
Till I go the distance,
And my journey is complete.
But to look beyond the glory is the hardest part
For a hero's strength is measured by his heart…"


To Support Carley and all our runners by donating just click the below button - Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment