Saturday, July 31, 2010

Update on the playroom


We were back in the playroom after the backyard has been dug up for septic trenchs, so no throwing for 3 days which was difficult to say the least as this is her thing she needs to do right now... her "ISM" or "STIM". Heard lots of no no no and she really was unimpressed with me. So we were back to creating magnetic hangings and creating massive piles of stuff from the shelves and onto the table. We had a lot of fun with some "up" games, me on my back, her on my feet and me shoving her in the air. I should have thighs of steel! I have also been doing alot of resistance against her feet and body and doing the pretend lift so not so hard on my body. I got some lovely eye contact with bubbles and we are starting to see some spontaneous smiles back at us, which is a massive development for her. It is like she is starting to smile back when a joke is shared. She is also smiling and squirming at "Pat a Cake" with the poke poke poke bit which is also new. Here is a picture of the playroom. It's a cosy little room where there are no boundaries, it is quiet and uncluttered and is entirely her space. She especially loves her piano in there as she loves to hum and has an impressive repetoire of songs. She often sings the scales I practice :)

1 comment: