Thursday, August 30, 2012

Why are they running? Julia - Sydney Half Marathon 2012

Just two weeks to go before the Blackmores Sydney running Festival on September 16th and our two runners, Julia and Amy are starting to get butterflies in their bellies!
These two mums have decided to take on their first ever Half Marathon on race day and are doing it in support of Felicity and her Son-Rise Program!

Why would you want to run for a little over 21kms on a random Sunday morning?? We asked Julia and this is what she had to say:
Last Christmas, Amy was talking about running a half marathon in September this year, there was no way I was in any shape to do it and didn't even consider it. Since then, I have gradually been increasing my training sessions and a few months ago believed I could do it and started to run. A couple of weeks before the City 2 Surf, I injured my shin and was told that running on it would make it worse. I have continued other forms of exercises that do not stress this area and am crossing my fingers that it is ok for the big day! I am so proud that I am not only doing this for myself, but for my niece, Felicity. I know it is going to be a tough day, but I think with her positive spirit in my thoughts, I will get there.
Go Julia Go - what determination to not only run this distance for the first time but to do it after injury - You STAR!!

To show your support for Julia and what she is doing for Felicity be sure to pop over to our DONATE page HERE for ways to sponsor her awesome effort!!

No comments:

Post a Comment