Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thanks Sammy!

On May 15th a good friend of Felicity's ran her very first 1/2 Marathon! Sammy, we are so very proud of you and forever grateful for the gift you are to Felicity for taking on this massive challenge!! WooHoo!!

We asked Sammy if she would maybe write a few lines about her run and these gorgeous words are what Sammy had to share:
“The thought of doing a half marathon was both exciting and incredibly scary. I am a personal trainer and dancer so was reasonably fit but to run a half was definitely a long stretch. I’m always up for a fun challenge and to be able to raise money for felicity was the driving force. I lived next door to her for almost a year and was lucky enough to be able to spend time with her. The strength and love from felicity’s family and her wonderful nature made me compelled in any way I could to give back. The training was tough and the closer I got the more anxious I got. A week to go I was so freaked out…I thought I wasn’t going to make the cut off times…then several days before I accepted that I was running for the right reasons, and however far I got would be an incredible achievement…and that attitude helped me run the half in 2:36! I have performed on stage and presented in front of thousands of people, and completed events before but running the half marathon was one of the most incredible experiences of my life! The thought of felicity laughing and skipping besides me, and calling out my name kept me going…I imagined her living the most incredible life possible and reaching all her hopes and dreams…that for me inspired me that I can do anything. I would recommend anyone to go out there and try…for the experience, and if not that, to help a little girl live the best life possible”

Thanks again & again Sammy - truly AWEsome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment